1. Introduction and General Terms
In order to provide you with the full range of Premier Marathon's services, we are sometimes required to collect information about you.
- what information Premier Marathons may collect about you;
- how Premier Marathons will use information we collect about you;
- when Premier Marathons may use your details to contact you;
- whether Premier Marathons will disclose your details to anyone else;
- your choices regarding the personal information you have provided to us;
As set out above, Premier Marathons is committed to safeguarding your personal information and the personal information of others that you may submit from time to time. Whenever you provide such information, we store this is a secure database hosted in Europe. Your data is securely protected and your log in credentials are encrypted.
The website contains hyperlinks to websites owned and operated by third parties. These third party websites have their own privacy policies, including cookies, and we urge you to review them. They will govern the use of personal information you submit or are collected by cookies whilst visiting these websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third party websites and your use of such websites is at your own risk.
The nature of the services offered on the Premier Marathons website means that from time to time Event Directors of events that you register yourself, or others from your Address Book, for may be provided with certain personal data from your Premier Marathons Profile (please see paragraphs 2-6 for more details). These Event Directors and the organizations they represent may have their own privacy policies, and we urge you to review them. They will govern the use of personal information you submit by entering the event(s) in question. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third parties or their organizations and you acknowledge that you may register yourself or others for an event at your own risk.
2. What information will Premier Marathons collect about me?
When you sign up to participate in or receive a service from premiermarathons.com, including registering for a Premier Marathons Profile or Event Director Account, we may ask for personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number or date of birth. Different web pages may ask for different personal information.
By entering your details in the fields requested, you enable Premier Marathons and its service providers to provide you with the services you select.
Please note that sometimes on particular web pages we will require you to provide additional personal information. When we do this we will specify further on these web pages why we are collecting your information and how we will use it.
We also use your IP address to determine whether you are accessing the services from the UAE or not.
3. How will Premier Marathons use the information they collect about me?
Premier Marathons will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- personal information including and limited to your full name, age, gender, city and country of residence, nationality, t-shirt size and emergency contact name and number (if provided) may be provided to Event Directors of events you register for or make purchases from.
- for "service administration purposes", which means that Premier Marathons may contact you for reasons related to the service you have signed up for, as set out in paragraph 4 below (e.g. to provide you with password reminders or to notify you that a particular service has been suspended for maintenance);
- to contact you about a submission you have made to the website, including any content you provide.
- to personalize the way Premier Marathons content is presented to you (e.g. if we notice that the first thing you look at every day is news section, then we may present this information or a link to it on your homepage);
- IP addresses are used to identify the location of users, the number of visits from different countries and also to block disruptive use; and
- to analyze and improve the services offered on premiermarathons.com e.g. to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience.
Where Premier Marathons proposes using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for your use other than as listed above.
4. When will Premier Marathons contact me?
Premier Marathons may contact you:
- in relation to the functioning of any service you have signed up for in order to ensure that Premier Marathons can deliver the services to you;
- where you have opted to receive further correspondence;
- in relation to any contribution you have made to premiermarathons.com, e.g. on Premier Marathons message boards, event ratings etc;
- to invite you to participate in surveys about Premier Marathons services (participation is always voluntary); and
- for marketing purposes where you have specifically agreed to this or not opted out from this (see paragraph 5 below)
Local pages will give you detailed information about how Premier Marathons will contact you in relation to specific services.
5. Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
Premier Marathons won't contact you for marketing purposes, or promote new services to you unless you specifically agree to be contacted for these purposes, all contacts will be limited to either email or text messages and all emails include an instant opt-out option.
6. Will Premier Marathons share my personal information with anyone else?
We will keep your information confidential and generally, we will only use your information within Premier Marathons. However, sometimes Premier Marathons uses commercial third parties to process your information (such as SMS results etc). Premier Marathons will require these commercial third parties to comply strictly with its instructions and Premier Marathons will require that they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes or otherwise. Premier Marathons does not share your personal contact information (defined as email, mobile number, PO Box, physical address) with any of our users, either other Profile owners or Event Directors.
7. What if I am a user aged 16 or under?
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian's permission beforehand whenever you provide personal information to Premier Marathons's website. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
8. How long will Premier Marathons keep my personal information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant service. In the case that you wish to cancel your registration as a premiermarathons.com member, once an account is deleted a red flag goes on the database and, while people cannot use the personal information, it stays on the system for a period of one year for administration purposes before being deleted automatically.
Where you contribute to premiermarathons.com Premier Marathons will generally only keep your content for as long as is reasonably required for the purpose(s) for which it was submitted. For example, Premier Marathons will only keep copies of entries to a photographic competition for the duration of the competition. However other projects (e.g. results listings) are likely to have a longer, or even permanent, duration.
10. Cookies Policy -Information Premier Marathons collects from you
a. What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer or mobile phone (referred to here as a "device") browser from a website's computer and is stored on your device's hard drive. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser's preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites. Many sites do this whenever a user visits their website in order to track online traffic flows.
Cookies record information about your online preferences and allow us to tailor the websites to your interests. Users have the opportunity to set their devices to accept all cookies, to notify them when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. The last of these means that certain personalized services cannot then be provided to that user and accordingly you may not be able to take full advantage of all of premiermarathons.com features. Each browser is different, so check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
Information supplied by cookies can help us to analyze the profile of our visitors and help us to provide you with a better user experience. For example: if on a previous visit you went to our charity pages, we might find this out from your cookie and highlight charitable information on your second and subsequent visits.
PO Box 34878,
Ras Al Khaimah,
United Arab Emirates